The Lebanon City Council met Tuesday, July 1 for a brief meeting before kicking off the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
The council passed items including:
- To Authorize the City of Lebanon/Water and Wastewater Authority of Wilson County Water and Sewer Service Area Agreement
- To authorize the purchase of a Leak Detector System for the Gas Department
- To authorize budget amendments to include the Director of Human Resources position in the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year Budget
- To authorize line item transfers for the MIS Department for motor vehicle parts, employee paid benefits and computers
- Approving bids for the CIPP Sewer Rehabilitation Project
- Ordinance on second reading to purchase a fuel system upgrade for Public Works
In other news, the city hosted a Fourth of July celebration open to the public on Friday at James E. Ward Ag Center. The event included free watermelon, games for kids and a fireworks show beginning at dark.