Today is Monday, August 21, 2017

Farmers asked to report field debris, fence damage to USDA

  Email   Print
As a result of the May 1-2 flooding, Wilson County farmers are urged to report any severe damage to farmland which resulted in field debris on cropland, gullied cropland, or damaged livestock fences on their farm to the Farm Service Agency or Natural Resources and Conservation Service at 444-1890, Ext. 2.  Severe damage is defined as “damage to the land that will be so costly to rehabilitate that federal assistance is or will be required to return the land to productive agricultural use.” Producers are encouraged to take a dated picture of any damage before cleanup or restoration work begins.  The Wilson County FSA County Committee has submitted a request for funds to help local farmers restore farmland damaged by recent floods through the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Emergency Conservation Program (ECP).  ECP funds are designated for farmland restoration and cleanup.  ECP offers cost sharing for such items as fence restoration, debris removal, and grade, shaping and/or leveling of land to restore fields to a farmable condition. Damage must exceed $1,000 to qualify for assistance.Although applications may be accepted and field visits scheduled, officials caution producers that this does not imply that cost share assistance will be made available.For more information, contact your local FSA office at the USDA Service Center, 925 East Baddour Pkwy., Lebanon. or call 444-1890.
Related Articles
Read more from:
General News
  Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: