Today is Sunday, August 20, 2017

Fire closes Square Burger King

  Email   Print

Lebanon Firefighters responded to a call at the Burger King located on the Lebanon Public Square on Monday afternoon.

Assistant Fire Chief Jason Baird said once they received the call, fire engines were en route within three minutes.

Upon arrival, they witnessed flames near the rear of the building. The building was evacuated. Firefighters had the fire contained within 10 minutes.

Baird said the fire was likely started by a discarded cigarette outside. Officials believe the cigarette blew into a vent and the fire started from there.

Baird said there was minimal damage to the structure, but that contents in a back closet had burned and damage extended into the building's attic space.

Burger King on the Square is currently closed for business. Employees were told the business could be closed for the next several days.

Staff Writer Sabrina Garrett may be contacted at sgarrett@wilsonpost.com.

Related Articles
Read more from:
General News
Tags: 
Burger King, fire, Lebanon Fire Department, Lebanon Public Square, Lebanon Square
Share: 
  Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: