Today is Monday, August 21, 2017

Missing man found, man exposes himself to student at bus stop

  Email   Print

Mt. Juliet police closed a perplexing missing person case this week, and opened another one after a man allegedly exposed himself to a young student waiting for her school bus to arrive.

The Mt. Juliet Police Department announced a highly-disturbing incident that happened Thursday in a Mt. Juliet neighborhood. According to a release, around 7:30 a.m. that morning, police responded to the 2900 block of Melbourn Terrace when a caller reported a man exposed himself, "while engaging in a lewd act," to a 14-year-old girl waiting at the bus stop, the release says.

According to police reports, an investigation into the incident revealed the man allegedly in a black, four-door car with silver wheels and a loud exhaust, drove up to the teenager and asked when the bus arrives. The release says the young girl noticed he was "exposing his private part." She ran to a friend nearby, but that friend had not witnessed the incident.

According to a police report, the alleged suspect was a white, 30-something male, with brown shaggy hair, wearing what was described a red and black shirt "from a pizza restaurant."

The police are on the lookout for this man and will beef up presence at school bus stops indefinitely.

"We just have to say 'stranger, danger,'" MJPD Lt. Tyler Chandler said.

He said the young lady was walking to her bus stop and the man casually pulled up. He advised no one should approach a car, even if the person seems friendly.

If caught, the suspect will be charged with indecent exposure and could face jail time.

Chandler said the detectives are working closely with the student and her parents to help her deal with recovering from the incident.

Anyone with any information regarding this crime is encouraged to call the Mt. Juliet Police Department at (615) 754-2550. Information can also be given anonymously by calling (615) 754-TIPS (8477) or via the Mt. Juliet Police Department website at www.mjpd.org.

Missing man case closed

Back in May, the MJPD dealt with a missing man who left his car abandoned, still running, with the door open, at the 224-mile marker on Interstate 40, just off the shoulder near a tree line.

They've been working on the case since then, and this week the 61-year-old missing man was found and is safe in Nashville. Metro Police located Charles Howell Brooks, 61, early morning Nov. 3.

MJPD detectives did develop information that Brooks was last seen on May 8, 2016 around 7 p.m. There was also evidence to place him on Charlotte Pike in Nashville at the Walmart around 10:30 p.m. on May 9, 2016, where he purchased prepaid phone cards.

"The most important information about this case is, the man is safe," Chandler said Friday afternoon.

The man apparently said he went to Chattanooga for a while," Chandler said. "He came back to Nashville and was spotted."

Chandler said the man indicated he wanted to be "off the radar" and preferred to be homeless. He said there were no outstanding charges against him. Also, Chandler said the truck is now in the man's possession. Chandler indicated he could not speak to particulars about the man's situation.

Writer Laurie Everett can be reached at laurieeverett1@gmail.com.

Related Articles
Read more from:
General News
Tags: 
crime, investigation, MJPD, Mt. Juliet, Mt. Juliet Police Department, police
Share: 
  Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: