Today is Saturday, October 25, 2014

More students charged in WCH food fight prank

Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles

Additional Wilson Central High School students have been charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and vandalism following an ongoing investigation by the Wilson County Sheriff’s Department – bringing up the number of students charged to 16.

The charges come about after a food fight prank that occurred this past Friday at WCHS which reportedly created a mess in the cafeteria and damaged some ceiling tiles.     

The investigation into the incident included a review of surveillance and other video footage obtained.

Sheriff’s Department Lt. Scott Moore told The Wilson Post on Thursday that after speaking with a School Resource Officer it appears that five of the students were 18 years of age and they were charged as adults with the remaining 11 who were charged as juveniles.

The six seniors who were involved in the food fight prank will miss out on a milestone this weekend.

WCHS Principal Pat Suddarth said that the students involved will not be allowed to walk the graduation line or even attend graduation at Belmont on Saturday.

“They will receive diplomas at a later date,” she said.

The tentative arraignment date for the students is Tuesday, June 24 in Judge Barry Tatum’s Wilson County Courtroom.

Wilson County Sheriff Robert Bryan told The Post earlier this week that the food fight prank is not a reflection of Wilson Central High School.

A number of students at Mt. Juliet High School were suspended for this past Friday’s Field Day after they laid down in the hallway at the school as a senior prank. That incident occurred on Thursday.

Some 30 students wore their pajamas and stretched out in the hallway for they called a “Senior Snuggle.” A few students brought blankets and pillows and teddy bears.

School officials deemed the prank a safety issue because the students blocked the hallway along with the school’s elevator which made it difficult for anyone else to pass through the area.

The majority of the students involved were seniors who are to graduate also on May 31. They will still be allowed to graduate.

In the early 2000s, approximately 30 MJHS students were not allowed to graduate with their senior class because of their involvement in a prank that cost thousands of dollars in damage at the old high school on Mt. Juliet Road.

Damage included driving vehicles on the football field and writing vulgar comments on the walls regarding the principal at that time, among other things.

No charges were filed in that incident. A separate graduation ceremony for the students was organized by their parents and held at Hermitage United Methodist Church.

Portions of this article appeared first at www.wilsonpost.com on Wednesday, May 28.

Read more from:
General News
Tags: 
charged, food fight, graduation, Wilson Central High School
  Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software