Generating almost $2.6 million in total for Middle Tennessee non-profit organizations earlier this month, The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee's fourth annual The Big Payback saw local non-profits raise nearly $117,000 during the 24-hour online giving challenge.
In addition to the money raised by the organizations, several Wilson County non-profits were successful in winning one or more prizes, adding a combined $25,750 in prizes to the county's total. The prizewinners were: Cedarcroft Homes, Cumberland University, Charis Health, Empower Me, Generations of Grace/The Faith Store, Leadership Middle Tennessee, Mt. Juliet Animal Shelter Volunteer Organization, Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary and Rest Stop Ministries.
The top 10 Wilson County-based beneficiaries of this year's The Big Payback were:
- Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary - $76,250 (1,576 donations)
- Rest Stop Ministries - $9,485 (181 donations)
- Cumberland University - $5,490 (26 donations)
- Leadership Middle Tennessee - $4,450 (24 donations)
- Empower Me Center - $3,131 (18 donations)
- Juliet Animal Shelter Volunteer Organization - $2,650 (57 donations)
- New Leash on Life - $2,310 (34 donations)
- Generations of Grace/The Faith Store - $1,975 (21 donations)
- Encore Theatre Company - $1,700 (21 donations)
- Healing Broken Vessels Inc. - $1,525 (22 donations)